Friday, October 9, 2015

24: More Photons

I received 2 more Particle Photons this week. Seems like a bargain: $19 each plus $6 shipping, 12 day USPS delivery.

I had no trouble getting them setup using the iPhone App. I now have a total of 5 Particle devices: 1 Core and 4 Photons.

I succeeded in remote updating my live system without a hitch. Why not. Even when the Photon was 2 feet away the recompile/download was going through the cloud. So what's a hundred miles?

But this doesn't mean I have no complaints. Software development is a bear. Compiler error messages only mean that you have made a mistake. They rarely, if ever, point out where the mistake was. My advice: write your programs a bit at a time.

Luckily, source programs for "smart controllers" are generally short.

No comments:

Post a Comment