Sunday, December 13, 2015

29: Portable Sensors

I have ideas for several of these. The one I'm building just now will provide temperature, humidity,  dew point and soil moisture readings from a flashlight-sized device. Here's the breadboard mess:


And this is my crude wooden enclosure (soil probe not shown):


I'm using an Arduino Nano and a DHT22 temperature/humidity sensor (etc.). The readout is to a 4 digit 7-segment LED. Power from a 9-volt battery. The cheap 4-digit LED takes all of the digital pins 2 through 12. So I have just one left for the DHT (unless I use TX and RX which leads to problems). The moisture probe uses analog, luckily.

My Sketch displays each reading for a second at a time, as in-- "F 74", "h 39", d 42", "S 11" (I can fudge those 4 letters in 7 segments).

I'd really like to find a source for enclosures so I don't have to waste time building crappy ones of my own. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment