Sunday, March 6, 2016

32: Particle.io Update

My current Particle position is: 1 Core, 5 Photons and as of yesterday, 1 Electron.

nice packaging

I didn't order during their Kickstarter campaign but right after. Today, I went to https://setup.particle.io to get started. Authorizing the SIM card seemed to go fine. My first problem was trying to connect the cell service antenna. Very tiny plug, very difficult, especially with trifocals. Finally seemed to work -- don't know how.


Left to right: USB power cable, battery, Electron, wifi connector (taped down 'cause I don't want to have to do it again), antenna wire and antenna.

Second problem: My phone shows AT&T 2 or 3 bars (probably 4G, but probably 3G as well). But as in above image, the Electron doesn't connect. The green LED just blinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment